Coming Events - 2009
- Oct. 2 – Cloonan Middle School, Stamford, CT – One School – One Book Celebration
- Oct. 7-8 – Lab School, U. of Chicago, Chicago, IL – Children's Poet Laureate Readings
- Oct. 8 – Anderson's Bookshop, Naperville, IL
- Oct. 9 – Bookstall, Winnetka, IL
- Oct. 10 - Barnes & Noble, Chicago, IL
- Oct. 14 – Perrot Library, Old Greenwich, CT
- Oct. 16-17 – Rhode Island Festival of Children's Books, Providence, RI
- Oct. 19, 6 p.m. – Just Books, Old Greenwich, CT
- Oct. 21, 7 p.m. – Eight Cousins Bookstore, Falmouth, MA
- Oct. 22, 4:30 p.m. – Wellesley Booksmith, Wellesley, MA
- Oct. 23, 6 p.m. – Bookmark, Atlantic Beach, FL
- Nov. 2, 10:30 a.m. – Politics and Prose Bookstore, Washington, D.C.
- Nov. 4 – Mrs. Dalloway's Bookstore, Berkeley, CA
- Nov. 5, 6 p.m. – King's English Bookshop, Salt Lake City, UT
- Nov. 6 – Multnomah County Library , Portland, OR
- Nov. 7, 2 p.m. – Tattered Cover Bookstore, Denver, CO
- Nov. 11 – Foote School, New Haven, CT
- Nov. 12 – Literary Lights Book Signing & Sale, Greenwich, CT
- Nov. 18 – Speaker, Greenwich Retired Men's Club, Greenwich, CT
- All Kinds of Families!,
Little, Brown & Co., coming out in August 2009. Illustrated by Marc Boutavant. In his first American picture book, popular French illustrator Marc Boutavant has joined with Hoberman to create an exuberant world overflowing with bright and beautiful objects guaranteed to set young imaginations flying!
- Strawberry Hill, Little, Brown & Co., coming out in August 2009. Illustrated by Wendy Anderson Halperin. This debut novel is sure to win over new readers as well as those already familiar with Hoberman's poetry.
- The Tree That Time Built/ A Celebration of Nature, Science and Imagination, Co-edited with Linda Winston. Sourcebooks, coming out in October 2009. Published in the double-anniversary year of Darwin's birth in 1809 and the publication of The Origin of Species in 1859, this book will appeal to readers of all ages.
New York City, New York Public Library, Celeste Bartos Forum, Annual Spring Luncheon, April 21 - panelist on "Children's Literature: Not For Children Only," with moderator Adam Gopnik, Salmon Rushdie and Chris Van Allsburg. You can watch the video here.
2007 marked the 50th anniversary of my first book All
My Shoes Come in Two's, illustrated by my husband, Norm. Over fifty
years of writing books for children - I can't believe it! How lucky
Two interviews you might enjoy:
School Library Journal interviewed me in celebration
of my 50 years in publishing. The interview is posted on their
web site www.slj.com.
A double interview with Just One More Book at www.JustOneMoreBook.com
featured my niece Deborah Freedman and me. Debbie, both a writer
and illustrator, has recently published her first children's book, Scribble
(Knopf, 2007)! Go to her web site at www.deborahfreedman.net
to find out about it.